Wednesday 26 September 2012

Friendship


I did assembly this morning at a lovely little junior school near one of my churches. They are having assemblies on friendship this term. I took in Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore and we had a lovely time.

I spotted this poem on their prayer board (it is a church school) and I thought it was very powerful so I wanted to share it. It's called "If one day"

If one day you feel like crying, call me...
I don't promise that I will make you laugh.
But I can cry with you.

If one day you want to run away, don't be afraid to call me.
I don't promise to ask you to stop, but I can run with you.

If one day you don't want to listen to anyone, call me...
I promise to be there for you.
And I promise to be very quiet.

But if one day you call me and there is no answer,
Come fast to see me, perhaps I need you.

A model of community that some churches might do well to follow?  

No comments:

Post a Comment