Sunday 16 July 2023

Reflecting on my Sunday



How’s your Sunday been? It’s been an interesting one here. 

This morning my largest church at Allhallowgate had another large congregation and we continue to see signs of growth. I was given my portrait drawn during the service! We explored being reckless sowers of seed and we enjoyed singing Bringing in the Sheaves and remembering Little House on the Prairie! We will be receiving five new members in September - very exciting. 



Not having an afternoon service today it was good to get to Evensong in the cathedral. It’s lovely to live in a cathedral city and to drop in to worship when I can. Choral Evensong is a gift when you feel frazzled! A tough week lies ahead so it was good to sort some stuff in my head. 



I returned to Allhallowgate tonight for evening service. Perhaps the men’s final at Wimbledon going into a fifth set explained why I only had six in the congregation. Tonight we explored encouragement and I ended with an evening hymn new to me which is lovely. 

A good day - how’s your Sunday been? 





No comments:

Post a Comment