Wednesday 27 December 2023

December 27 - Apparently it is Easter



Why can’t we do the twelve days of Christmas? I walked into a Morrisons Daily in Harrogate this afternoon and the first thing you see is a big sign saying “Easter.”

The lady behind the till asked me if I was still being festive. I told her the shop had Easter all over it.
“Christmas was all taken down on Tuesday,” she said. “It is now Easter!” 
“I’m a church vicar, I need a break before I do Easter!” I said. Writing on Twitter, one shopper has shared an Easter Terry's chocolate orange and has written: "Don't worry folks! To make sure you don't miss the next big event, shops have started stocking Easter treats and goodies. Nice one @Morrisons. We were beginning to panic that you'd forgotten!"

We seem to need something to look forward to in life. We rush on to the next celebration or event. But isn’t there a danger we hurry away from the last thing with no time to savour it or think about it. My Gran used to you should masticate every mouthful of food 30 times to enjoy the flavour and goodness of the dinner. We love in a world that downs Macdonalds fries quickly as we’ve no time to stop. 

In a week or so I will need to think about where I will be on Easter Sunday but the chocolate eggs can stay on the shelves for now. I’m still doing and resting after Christmas. Remember Mary pondered all these things and treasured them in her heart. She took time. And there were no creme eggs in the shops next day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment