Thursday 2 March 2023

The ninth day of Lent: Preaching



Tonight has been our Leaders of Worship and Preachers Meeting. This picture makes it look like it was just our Superintendent, the secretary and a Supernumerary there. There were a few more of us I promise, though I was nearly an hour late as I was welcoming our new colleague who arrived with us today. 

It struck me as I looked round the hall tonight how wonderful is the diversity of the people God calls to preach his word and lead worship. All ages, all backgrounds, all abilities. We reflected tonight on how worship itself might have changed with technology and on line services but fundamentally the task is the same. As the brass plague on many pulpits said “Sir, we would see Jesus.” 

“How shall they hear without a preacher?” I wonder who you remember as part of your story whose worship and words touched you and remain with you today? Thank God for them. And maybe God is calling you to join the band, because we need more folk willing to share out of their experience what God is still doing today. 




No comments:

Post a Comment