Thursday 4 December 2014

Prayer for Advent Day 5 - Companions on the way


Today has been a nice day on the Advent journey. Our staff team (all two of us) went and joined the staff team of the next Circuit in Lydd for a morning of shared reflections led by Deacon Carys Woodley (who is brilliant) and shared silence. It helped me remember I need sometimes to join others to share my road. We were led, we shared where we were with God and we enjoyed the space and the peace together and then a nice lunch in a cafe down the road. During the silence, I went out and found the Parish Church, known as the Cathedral of the Marsh. I was pleased to find Advent posters up, rather than Christmas ones. Today I have been blessed on the Advent journey with others who share in ministry like mine.



God, thank you for companions on the journey towards your birth in Jesus again. Help me to remember I am never alone. Help me to lean on friends and colleagues. Sometimes sharing my own story will help others, and sometimes other stories can help me. Thank you today for shared silence and space, which will help me carry on with all there is to do. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment