Thursday 25 December 2014

Prayer for Christmas Day

Two services done, no more O come all ye faithful for 11 months! A sleep and now enjoying Kiss Me Kate on the telly. Time to rest.
My services today were very different - a party atmosphere at the first with many younger people coming home to Hastings for Christmas with families. The second was quieter, but had two little children excited over what they had received. One had a Frozen costume and the other a scooter. At the end of the service I was given an enormous hamper with things every person in the church had put something in. I was thanked for everything I do and was told by my organist I am a treasure! 

Christmas is about being valued. I am in a good place here and I thank God for six lovely communities. I am hoping people are finding value today especially those who are on their own or who are being helped in shelters and in other temporary places of good will. I hope some of this value is still here in the darkness of January, when need is still there and I need to push my church on to make decisions... 

So to a nice evening eating and watching Danny Dyer implode in the Queen Vic. 

God of amazing generosity thank you for the gifts of today, nice words, gifts and now the gift of rest. Christmas God, help me to accept your gifts and share with others when this day is over and the realities of life are all around. Amen. 

These reflections will continue until January 6th so please come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment