Saturday 13 December 2014

Prayer for Advent Day 14 - Peace


I love to watch the sun set over the houses the other side of the road from the manse window. It is a beautiful afternoon here today, cold but a lovely blue sky. Taking this picture I sensed peace and stillness. I am also feeling peaceful and still as both my services for tomorrow are written, early for me on a Saturday as my colleague and I are having a staff Christmas do (paid for by ourselves!) We are going to see Frank Skinner in Bexhill, so there is a sense of peace in "bunking off" tonight! 

In the busy period we are in, all of us need moments of calm and centring again. Nights out, staring out of windows, a sense of achievement jobs are completed and we need do no more today are vital to our well being, physically and spiritually. We need more of them. 

God of peace, thank you for calm moments, things to meditate on, the setting sun, and the promise of a night out! Thank you for times of rest and refreshment, especially before busy days. Help us to appreciate them and enjoy them. And bless those who say "how can you have time to go to things like that at this time?" In Jesus name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment