Tuesday 23 December 2014

Prayer for Advent Day 24 - Appreciation



I arrived home just now from taking a funeral to find these flowers above and then this card below.
The flowers are from a little church I am merely watching over this year but which is a real blessing to me as it grows. The card is from a baptismal family I helped last month who had been turned away from other churches and have found an acceptance and a welcome in one of mine.



Small acts of kindness can make a huge difference. I don't do this work to be thanked but two days before Christmas it is lovely to be appreciated and given energy through people being thoughtful.

I wonder what kindness we might do every day to help people keep going and remind them they are valued. Often this season it happens for a few days, but, as one of my friends wrote in a Facebook post the other day, people still need to know they matter in February.

God, thank you for these flowers and this card. They are insignificant but they mean a lot to me tonight. Thank you for people who remind me I matter. May I help people in small ways, not just at Christmas, but every day. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment