Sunday 21 December 2014

Prayer for Advent Day 22 - Done in!



A simple prayer tonight after four carol services... All very lovely. This morning after service 1, someone said "see you on Thursday" to which I said, "Why? What is happening on Thursday?" Genuinely!

Lord, were Mary and Joseph in a heap after days of doing your will. Did they collapse in that stable before birth began? Were they done in from doing? I just wonder...

Lord, I love this Sunday more than any other of the year, carols, telling your story, meeting people, and I've had a lovely day with four very different services, it was especially lovely seeing a small village church have a real all age celebration this afternoon and the place full of all ages. 

But now Lord, let your servant depart in peace until Tuesday morning! Let your servant enjoy a ready meal and a glass of red. I wonder if Mary and Joseph were fed when they arrived in Bethlehem, exhausted. At least I have a home to come home to, and warmth and food. They had very little. 

And Lord, if there is justice, please let Bianca win the Apprentice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment