Wednesday 10 December 2014

Prayer for Advent Day 11 - Forty Winks!!!


On the eleventh day of Advent my true love sent to me:
One school assembly
One phone call to chase up a grant which pays for a church Christmas dinner
One Circuit Lunch Club Christmas Dinner followed by "entertainment"
One staff meeting
One frustrating hour in a traffic jam
One Brownie concert
And one worship consultation

Inbetween traffic jam and Brownies I sat in the car and shut my eyes (taking this selfie first!) I slept for half an hour and nearly missed Brownies altogether!!! 

The sleep did me good. So, my thoughts today well into carols and dinners and more carols and services and more carols are, what will you do in the course of a busy day that is JUST FOR YOU? If you need a sleep, have a sleep. We cannot rush around all day. Even God had a rest!

O God, thank you for the gift of half an hour's snooze in the midst of busy activity. As Advent progresses and things get even busier, help me to stop more in order to cope with more. Otherwise I will be in a heap come Christmas morning and I will be so tired it will not be any fun at all. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment